Nick Saban Suspends 2 Alabama Players For The First Half On Saturday

first_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Harris and Robinson serve as the team’s top-two backs. The Tide will have to turn their third and fourth string running back in the first half against Duke.Both Harris and Robinson are juniors while the remaining backs all present inexperience. The options include: sophomore Chadarius Townsend, redshirt freshman Jerome Ford and freshman Keilan Robinson.In that young group of backs, only Ford has carried the ball for the Tide in the past, rushing seven times for 37 yards in 2018. Expect all three players to see playing time in the first half versus Duke.Harris is expected to have a breakout season in 2019, but will have to wait 30 minutes on Saturday. He rushed 783 yards on 117 carries for four touchdowns in 2018.It is unclear which team function the two suspended running backs missed. But the suspension falls in line with Saban’s coaching style.Alabama and Duke will kickoff this Saturday at 3:30 PM EDT. A closeup of Nick Saban wearing a headset.NEW ORLEANS, LA – JANUARY 01: Head coach Nick Saban of the Alabama Crimson Tide reacts in the second half of the AllState Sugar Bowl against the Clemson Tigers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome on January 1, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)Alabama will be without two of their offensive players in the first half of their season opener against Duke.Head coach Nick Saban has suspended two running backs — Najee Harris and Brian Robinson — for one half of football on Saturday. Both players missed a team function which led to the suspension.The news of the suspension came from Jeff Goodman of Alabama Media Group.Alabama RBs Najee Harris and Brian Robinson will be suspended for the first half of the season opener against Duke for missing a team function, according to a source.— Joseph Goodman (@JoeGoodmanJr) August 27, 2019last_img read more

Premier Meets Halifax Chamber of Commerce on Economic Issues

first_imgEconomic issues dominated discussion today, Oct. 29, between Premier Rodney MacDonald and members of the Halifax Chamber of Commerce. It was the latest in a series of meetings with business leaders in Nova Scotia. Premier MacDonald said that with the global economic situation dominating headlines, now is the time for the people of the province to work together to ensure stability. “We will get through these difficulties,” said the Premier. “Government needs to show leadership in times like this, but part of leadership is working with people, listening to their ideas, and getting feedback on initiatives that have already begun.” The Premier reiterated his commitment to a balanced budget. He said if that means making hard decisions regarding spending, then he is willing to make those decisions. “Other provinces are running deficits, but we are not going to run a deficit,” he said. “I am absolutely committed to that.” Chamber officials told the premier that so far, consumer confidence in Nova Scotia remains strong, and urged the premier and government to take action to ensure that businesses and consumers remain optimistic about the province’s economic situation. “So far, business hasn’t been affected too much, but it can take six months or so for the impact to start showing up in stores and businesses around the province,” said Valerie Payn, president of the Halifax Chamber. “We need to work together to ensure consumer confidence doesn’t erode.” Other issues discussed at the meeting included downtown Halifax development, the province’s tax review, and the shortage of skilled labour in Nova Scotia. The premier will meet with the Nova Scotia Chamber of Commerce next month. Last week, he met with members of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business. The premier will also attend the first ministers meeting on the economy being hosted by the prime minister in early November.last_img read more