INDIANAPOLIS – Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller is announcing proposed legislation to provide greater safeguards of Hoosiers’ personal and financial information online.The proposal aims to provide stricter requirements for the safe storage of sensitive data, reducing harm to consumers in case of a data breach and increasing transparency of online privacy policies.The state attorney general’s office has opened 1,310 identity-theft related complaints in 2014.State Sen. Jim Merritt (R-Indianapolis) plans to sponsor the legislation during the 2015 Indiana General Assembly.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Jon Miller, Fairfield CountyLast Friday we got anywhere from a quarter to a little over a half inch on most of our fields. And the Monday before that we had about a half-inch also. Moisture-wise I think we have been some of the luckier ones in the state. Things really look just about as good as we could hope for at this point.Most of our corn is done pollinating. We have some early corn planted on April 18 and we pulled an ear at sweet corn stage already. It is progressing really well with the heat and moisture. It may be an early harvest.Most of the corn pollinated in the low to mid-80s range for temperature. We were maybe a little dry for a couple of days for pollination, but nothing severe.We brought all of the equipment back last Thursday for baling straw and called it quits. We should be between 96,000 and 97,000 bales of straw for the year, which was double what we did last year and it was tremendous. We had the weather to do it. A lot of times we’ll be baling almost until August and this year we were done last week with more bales.I am on the Trade Policy and Biotech team for the National Corn Growers Association and we had meetings last week in Washington, D.C. and the Corn Congress was after that. A good friend and good leader for Ohio, John Linder, got elected to the NCGA Board. He was the highest vote getter in the election. That is the first time ever that Ohio has had two on that board at one time. We have Anthony Bush and John Linder — both from Morrow County — on there now and Ohio should be proud of that. Ohio is well respected at the national level.It seems like there is a huge crop out there after hearing from people across the country. After talking to everyone, it may be tough for the markets to really rally much.For the rest of this week’s reports, click here.
The Jammu and Kashmir administration has opened channels of communication with 32 detained political prisoners of the regional parties, but put riders on their release. Meanwhile, two leaders, Jammu and Kashmir People Democratic Front’s Hakeem Yaseen and Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) Mohammad Ashraf Mir, were released on Monday, indicating a move to release the leaders in a phased manner.In the past 10 days, a Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM)-level officer visited senior leaders of the National Conference (NC), the PDP, the Peoples Conference (PC) and the J&K Peoples Movement (J&KPM) more than three times and discussed ways and means to ensure their release.Reject conditionThe officer, sources said, “insisted on abiding by the administration’s suggestion to sign bonds in lieu of their release.”Senior officials confirmed to The Hindu that NC’s top leader Ali Muhammad Sagar, a former legislator and minister; PDP’s Naeem Akhar, a former legislator and minister; PC chief Sajad Lone, a former legislator and minister, and J&K PM chief Shah Faesal, an IAS topper who quit his job join politics earlier this year, “have repeatedly refused to sign a bond for their release.”Mr. Sagar and Mr. Akhtar, sources said, told the government point man that such bonds were aimed at “curtailing the rightful political space of regional players, discredit the local leadership in front of the eyes of the locals and were being publicised later only to add to the political vacuum post August 5.”All these leaders were detained and taken into preventive detention on August 5 under Section 107, Section 109 and Section 117 of the Cr.PC. The bonds, which the leaders were being asked to sign, reads: “He/she will not make any comment or issue statement or make public speeches or participate in the public assembly related to recent events…for a period of one year from the date of signature of the bond.”Some headwayThe move by the authorities to release NC leader Mubarak Gul for a night on Saturday on parole to meet his ailing sister has failed to break the ice with the regional leaders, “who have put up a joint front inside the sub-jail of MLA Hostel in Srinagar.” However, sources said Mr. Lone’s plea to meet his mother was turned down by the authorities. Meanwhile, Mr. Yaseen and Mr. Mir’s release is a signal that the officials negotiating have been able to make some headway. A close relative of a senior NC leader said the government is not following legal procedure related to preventive detentions. “To prolong detentions under Section 107, a preventive custody, these are supposed to be proven with witnesses and evidences, which has not taken place in most of these cases,” he said. However, officials insisted that such bonds were “a legal requirement to secure releases in such cases.”
About the authorAnsser SadiqShare the loveHave your say Bruno Genesio would’ve taken Newcastle job – if takeover happenedby Ansser Sadiq23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveBruno Genesio admits that he would have taken over as manager of Newcastle United – if the club was taken over.It was rumoured in the summer that Genesio was the choice of Peter Kenyon, who was leading a consortium of investors to take over Newcastle from Mike Ashley.But the takeover never materialised and the opportunity went away for Genesio, with Steve Bruce taking over from Rafa Benitez instead.”Everything went really quickly, because I was meant to sign with Newcastle, but the sale then fell through,” Genesio told beIN SPORTS.”I then decided to take some time off for myself, but towards the end of July, I received a phone call from my agents with an opportunity to go manage in China at Beijing Guoan.”It just all went quickly. Forty-eight hours later I was on a plane, and four days later I was on the touchline for my first game.”
The session will be held at the JBDC’s Incubator and Resource Centre, Unit 10A, 76 Marcus Garvey Drive, starting at 9:00 a.m. The Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC) will be staging a Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop for food business operators on March 7.The session will be held at the JBDC’s Incubator and Resource Centre, Unit 10A, 76 Marcus Garvey Drive, starting at 9:00 a.m.It is open to all persons in the field of agro-processing, from manufacturers to restaurateurs, and will include training from the Bureau of Standards Jamaica, public health personnel, the Food Storage and Prevention of Infestation Division in the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries and various private-sector entities.Training will cover the areas of local food regulations; good manufacturing practices; food safety management systems; and implementation and maintenance of proper records.The workshop costs $4,500 per person and the deadline for registration is Thursday, February 28. Persons may register through the JBDC’s website at www.jbdc.net.Participants will be awarded a certificate at the workshop’s conclusion. The Jamaica Business Development Corporation (JBDC) will be staging a Food Safety and Sanitation Workshop for food business operators on February 26. It is open to all persons in the field of agro-processing, from manufacturers to restaurateurs, and will include training from the Bureau of Standards Jamaica, public health personnel, the Food Storage and Prevention of Infestation Division in the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries and various private-sector entities. Story Highlights
UPDATE #2 – The Amber Alert for Noah Ducharme has been cancelled. Noah and his mother were located in Calgary at 5:30 am. Noah is unharmed. Thankyou to everyone who shared the information about the Amber Alert. #yeg #yycUPDATE as of 11pm pacific – They are now believed to be travelling in a 2002 Buick Century with Alberta plate M A E 9 0 3 in the Calgary, Alberta area. It is believed that Noah is in imminent danger. ORIGINAL STORY – EDMONTON, A.B. – Edmonton Police have issued an amber alert for 8-year-old Noah Ducharme. Police say he was taken from Waverley Elementary School in Edmonton at 2:50 p.m. mountain time. Noah is described as age 8, male, 4 FT., 70 lbs, short brown hair, wearing a dark green hoodie, light coloured jeans, yellow and black Nike prescription glasses.Police believe Noah was abducted by his mother Brianne Hjalte described as age 31, Indigenous female, 5 FT., 7 inches, 180 lbs, dark shoulder length hair, wearing a dark jacket, dark pants.They left the area on foot westbound on 89 avenue.Police say they are travelling in a 2008 Silver, Jeep Patriot with Alberta plate Z W K 8 4 4. It is believed that Noah is in imminent danger.Do not approach the suspect. Please call the Edmonton Police at 780-423-4567 if you have any information.
New Delhi: State-owned Union Bank of India Tuesday said its net loss widened to Rs 3,370 crore in the fourth quarter of 2018-19, mainly on account of higher provisioning. The company had registered a net loss of Rs 2,583.38 crore in the same quarter of the preceding fiscal. However, the bank had posted a net profit of Rs 153.21 crore in the third quarter of 2018-19. Total income in three months to March grew to Rs 9,621.01 crore, as against Rs 9,596.86 crore in the same period of 2017-18. For entire 2018-19, the bank reported a net loss of Rs 2,922.35 crore on a consolidated basis, as against Rs 5,212.47 crore loss in 2017-18. Income during the year stood at Rs 39,355.38 crore, up from Rs 38,413.65 crore a year earlier. Also Read – Commercial vehicle sales to remain subdued in current fiscal: IcraThe asset quality of the bank remained poor with the gross non-performing assets (NPAs) standing at 14.98 per cent of gross advances at March-end 2019 against 15.73 per cent as of March 31, 2018. Net NPAs came down to 6.85 per cent from 8.42 per cent. The high level of bad asset ratio compelled the bank to make higher provisioning of Rs 5,783.09 crore for March quarter, compared to Rs 5,638.57 crore in the year-ago period. The bank’s provision coverage ratio as on March 31, 2019 stood at 66.24 per cent, as against 57.16 per cent a year ago. As part of the risk based supervision as per RBI directive, the bank has reported divergence in gross NPAs of Rs 867 crore in 2017-18; divergence in net NPA of (-) Rs 1,414 crore and divergence in provisioning stood at Rs 2,281 crore.
Cranial modification is the process of altering the physical characteristics of the skull—throughout history, it has been done by binding the heads of babies when their skulls are still soft. In most instances, the goal was to elongate the skull—it is actually still practiced today in some parts of the world. Bindings have typically been in the form of cloth or wood boards. It is not known why many early cultures engaged in the practice, but some in the field have suggested it is likely a way to mark someone as belonging to an elite or special part of society. In this new effort, the researchers were studying skeletal remains removed from a site called Houtaomuga. The site is believed to have been an ancient Chinese tomb—archaeologists worked at the site from 2011 to 2015. The skeletons were all in a vertically shaped tomb, and there were no obvious gender biases for cranial modification. Twenty-five skeletons were found in all, 11 of which had evidence of intentional cranial modification. Four of the skulls were from adult males, one was from an adult female, and the rest were from children. The bones were not placed in the tomb at the same time, however, they were interred over the course of 7,000 years, from 12,000 to 5,000 years ago.The researchers report that there was very little evidence that might provide an explanation for the binding of babies’ heads, but suggest it likely was an indicator of wealth or high status. Some of the skeletons were buried with artifacts that suggested as much, such as pottery. They report also that they plan to continue digging in the general vicinity of Houtaomuga to find out if there are other tombs in the area, and if so, whether they have more examples of ancient cranial modification. Infant skull binding shaped identity, inequality in ancient Andes This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. A team with members from China, Singapore and the U.S. has found some of the oldest examples of cranial modification in a northeastern part of China. In their paper published in the American Journal of Physical Anthropology, the group describes the skeletons they studied and what they found. “Postcoronal depression” displayed by M45. A depression locates slightly posterior to the coronal suture on both parietal bones. The increase of the thickness of the diploë in the frontal and parietal bone is visible. Credit: American Journal of Physical Anthropology (2019). DOI: 10.1002/ajpa.23888 More information: Qun Zhang et al. Intentional cranial modification from the Houtaomuga Site in Jilin, China: Earliest evidence and longest in situ practice during the Neolithic Age, American Journal of Physical Anthropology (2019). DOI: 10.1002/ajpa.23888 © 2019 Science X Network Explore further Citation: Researchers in China find some of the oldest examples of cranial modification (2019, July 8) retrieved 18 August 2019 from https://phys.org/news/2019-07-china-oldest-examples-cranial-modification.html Journal information: American Journal of Physical Anthropology
Related posts:276 people arrested so far during Semana Santa Costa Rica’s Holy Week vacation off to a deadly start Costa Rica Holy Week deadliest in 10 years Woman records video of man reaching down her shirt on bus; receives no help from driver On Saturday, the night before Easter, Costa Rica marks the traditional “Burning of Judas,” where Catholics set flame to effigies of Judas Iscariot, the apostle who betrayed Jesus and led to his crucifixion.Though rooted in religious lore, the tradition is upheld less by devout catholics and more by teenage pyromaniacs in Costa Rica. Last year police were called to 446 effigy burnings and arrested 54 people.For those out of town for the holidays, the Public Security Ministry also released warnings to residents to prepare for an increase in burglaries over the holiday weekend. Police will increase their rounds in urban areas for the Thursday and Friday holidays, Security Minister Mario Zamora told Spanish-language news site Amelia Rueda.According to Zamora, robberies generally increase during Semana Santa due to the high volume of people leaving the Central Valley for vacation. Data from the Judicial Investigation Unit (OIJ) says that there were 157 reported break-ins during last year’s holy week. To prevent robberies, the Public Security Ministry will have 660 cars and motorcycles patrolling the streets Thursday and Friday. Facebook Comments