Previous Article Next Article EOLG plans radical overhaul for national pay bargainingOn 18 Mar 2003 in Personnel Today Related posts:No related photos. Comments are closed. Local government employers want to radically overhaul national paybargaining by including senior managers’ salaries in negotiations for the firsttime. Currently, national pay bargaining only includes pay grades from frontlinestaff to middle managers. Rob Pinkham, deputy executive director at the Employers’ Organisation forLocal Government (EOLG), which negotiates pay on behalf of local authorities,intends to include all management grades below chief officer level in nextyear’s deal. Pinkham said the pay scale has not evolved with the changing shape of thesector. “I am sure we must reform the pay spine next year,” said Pinkham.”It needs expanding upwards. Specialist managers have come in to localgovernment so it must cover more jobs. It needs reform and we must take thisopportunity,” he added. Pinkham also stated that in future deals there would be no bottom loading,which gives larger pay increases to low paid staff to reduce the pay gapbetween them and managers. Instead, he said, there must be a greater commitment to training low-paidfrontline staff to increase their value to authorities and improve retention. “We may have lost the plot on this [bottom loading] in the past,”said Pinkham. “We must improve the path out of these jobs by giving themmore skills so they are more productive and councils can afford to pay themmore.” Speaking at last week’s annual conference of local government HR body Socpoin Brighton, Pinkham said the national pay bargaining structure might be underthreat because “councils are going along at different speeds”. By Paul Nelson
February 18, 2021 /Sports News – Local Various Mid-Utah Radio Sports Network Athletes Compete At Girls Wrestling State Tournament Written by FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailOREM, Utah-Tuesday, Mid-Utah Radio Sports Network school student-athletes competed at the 1A/2A/3A/5A state championships at Mountain View High School, representing Manti, North Sevier, Kanab and North Sanpete.Maple Mountain posted 192.5 points, winning the state title.Among Mid-Utah Radio Sports Network schools, Manti ranked the highest, placing 14th (29 points).Additionally, North Sevier finished 21st (13 points), Kanab placed 25th (7 points) and North Sanpete tied for 26th (4 points) with Grand.The individual champions were as follows:106 poundsRachel Camacho of American Leadership over Annika Flutch of Park City (fall, 0:53)115 poundsSage Mortimer of American Leadership over Donna Wright of Maple Mountain (fall, 3:03)120 poundsJacqueline Hernandez of American Leadership over Valery Ethington of Springville (fall, 0:52)Manti’s Rebecca Williams finished fourth, falling to Maple Mountain’s Abigail Adams (fall, 1:33)124 poundsCorrie Williams of Enterprise over Merci Jessop of Water Canyon (fall, 2:23)128 poundsLillian Spieth of Mountain View over Katelyn Wolf of Provo (decision, 7-3)Manti’s Karlie Strickland placed fifth, downing Patience Smith of Bonneville (fall, 1:20)132 poundsJade Garcia of Grantsville over Zarieh Power of Mountain View (fall, 2:39)136 poundsOlivia Carrillo of American Leadership over Annie Peart of Rich (fall, 3:23)140 poundsHotaia Valeti of Springville over Kendal Hyatt of Timpview (fall, 1:14)145 poundsKacy Mecham of Duchesne over Nya Jolley of Rich (fall, 2:24)150 poundsAbigail Archibald of Mountain View over Jessica Hacking of Farmington (technical fall, 1.5-4:00)Janessa Brown of Mountain Ridge over Breklyn Reed of North Sevier (fall, 3:58) in the battle for fifth place.160 poundsTaimane Fiatoa of Timpview over Jesse Harrison of Maple Mountain (fall, 1:42)5th place:Haleigh Workman of Grantsville over Paige Harder of Kanab (fall, 1:54)170 poundsHannah Broderick of Grantsville over American Leadership’s Jocelyn Hepler (fall, 3:39)190 poundsAshley Camacho of Maple Mountain over Nya Seilui of Maple Mountain (fall, 3:20)245 poundsMorgan Honsvick of Maple Mountain over Aurellia Ramos of Maple Mountain (fall, 2:30) Brad James
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceOAKLAND — Reports of the A’s starting pitching deficiencies may have been greatly exaggerated.It’s early in the season, but the A’s starting rotation has been downright dominant. Mike Fiers was the latest starter to shine on the mound as he held the Boston Red Sox scoreless through six innings of work in Tuesday’s 1-0 victory. The A’s have now held the Red Sox scoreless through the first two games of their four-game …
11 December 2013There were mixed emotions among the people who lined the route as the hearse bearing the body of Nelson Mandela travelled in procession from 1 Military Hospital to the Union Buildings in Pretoria on Wednesday morning.The cortege left 1 Military Hospital at 7am, arriving about an hour later at the Union Buildings, where Mandela’s body will lie in state until 5.30pm, in a process to be repeated on Thursday and Friday.Members of the public have been urged to line the route each day to form a public guard of honour for Mandela. Members of the public will also be able to view the body each day at the newly renamed Nelson Mandela Amphitheatre, where Madiba was inaugurated as South Africa’s first democratically elected president in 1994.Public viewing will be open from midday until 5.30pm on Wednesday, and from 8am to 5.30pm on Friday. Mandela will be laid to rest at his home in Qunu in the Eastern Cape on Sunday.‘A sense of joy filled me’Centurion resident Kabelo Gwangwa said seeing the hearse that carried Madiba’s coffin had left him speechless. “I thought I would feel hurt, but I was overcome by emotions and a sense of joy filled me when I witnessed this moment.”He added that what made him feel better was the thought that it was perhaps time that “we let him go, and we have to accept that he is gone”.Gwangwa was one of hundreds of Pretoria residents who lined the streets from the early hours of the morning to be part of the event. He left his house at 5am, but only got to the Union Buildings just before 7am due to traffic caused by road closures.While Bonela Biyongo from Arcadia felt sad when she saw the hearse, Nomsa Montshione from Mamelodi said she was on her way to work and decided to park her car on the side of a busy Pretorius street to rush to the Union Buildings to join the guard of honour.“For me it was an exciting experience,” Biyongo said. “I am one of the many people who have never seen Madiba with my naked eyes, and I wanted to do this for my son so that I can tell him this story when he gets old.”And while Abraham Msimang said he was saddened by Madiba’s death, Francisca Lewis said there was cause for celebration, especially considering how far the country had come in the last 19 years of democracy.“He fought for our liberation, and today we are enjoying the fruits of democracy,” Lewis said.After the procession passed, crowds began dancing and singing struggle songs on the lawns in front of the Union Buildings.Route, access, viewingFor people wishing to get to the Union Buildings, the City of Tshwane has made park-and-ride facilities available at the Tshwane Events Centre, the LC De Villiers Sports Facility in Hatfield, and the Fountains Valley Park.Members of the public are urged to make use of these services, as access to the Union Buildings to view Mandela’s body will be restricted to people arriving in city buses only.Street vendors have been advised that no trading will be allowed on the roads designated for Mandela’s cortege over the next three days. Shop owners along these routes are also advised to temporarily close shop, given the large number of people expected to line the streets.The procession will leave 1 Military Hospital in Thaba Tshwane at 7am on Thursday and Friday, travelling on Old Pretoria Road towards the city, then joining Kgosi Mampuru Road until its intersection with Madiba Street, then proceeding east along Madiba Street towards the Union Buildings.Source: SAnews.gov.za
Brand South Africa has noted a number of issues that are receiving media coverage and interest, regarding the state of affairs in the organisation. We are also aware of various allegations being made through the media. We would like to emphasise our stance and respond as follows:Click here to read more
After pondering for months whether it should contest the Assembly polls, and going silent for days in the wake of party chief Raj Thackeray’s questioning by the Enforcement Directorate, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) finally seems to have decided to enter the fray.At a meeting called by Mr. Thackeray on Friday, party workers from Mumbai demanded that the MNS contest the polls, unlike the general elections. The MNS did not field any candidates in the Lok Sabha elections, but Mr. Thackeray campaigned across the State against the Bharatiya Janata Party. According to party sources, the MNS is likely to contest more than 40 seats in the Assembly polls. “Cities like Mumbai, Pune, Nasik and Aurangabad are on our radar, but we will be targeting rural parts as well,” said one MNS leader. When asked if the party will form an alliance with the Congress or Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), he said no such decision has been taken.MNS general secretary Anil Shidore said Mr. Thackeray is taking constituency-wise views from local leaders. “We are not in a hurry. Let the Election Commission announce the poll dates. We will open our cards at the right time. We are not aiming only at the 2019 Assembly polls; the Mumbai civic polls and the 2024 Assembly polls are also on our mind. We will take a decision best suited for the party and its future growth,” he told The Hindu. Mr Thackeray had been at the forefront of anti-EVM protests in the State and had even united opposition leaders to demand paper ballots for the polls. He fell silent, however, after the ED called him for an inquiry in the ongoing investigation of Kohinoor mill case. His opposition to EVMs had given rise to suspicion that the party may boycott the Assembly polls. “We are meeting again on Saturday. If we contest, we will put in all our strength and even if we decide not to contest, our strategy will be different,” Mr. Shidore said.