Press Release, Public Health Governor Tom Wolf announced today that beginning Wednesday, June 17, nine more COVID-19 drive-thru testing sites will open in Walmart parking lots across the state, bringing the total to 19 sites at Walmart locations. Quest Diagnostics and Walmart are working with the department to provide no-cost testing for residents living in areas where there are fewer testing sites. Another testing site has also been added in Venango County, which previously had only one site, bringing the total of new testing sites to 10.“We continue to add testing sites in locations that are convenient for Pennsylvanians and increase the state’s testing capabilities,” Gov. Wolf said. “We do not want any Pennsylvanian in need of a test to have difficulty finding a location close to home for a free test.”“We appreciate the hard work done by health systems, pharmacies, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), medical clinics and other entities that are providing testing for COVID-19 across Pennsylvania,” Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine said. “When we established our testing strategy, we wanted testing to be accessible, available and adaptable and we are working to meet that challenge. Anyone who believes they have symptoms of COVID-19 can get tested today in Pennsylvania.”Beginning June 17 these sites will be open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. to test up to 50 registered patients daily. Registration is required one day in advance. There is no COVID-19 testing inside Walmart stores or Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Centers.The testing sites that will open on Wednesday include:Walmart Supercenter parking lot, 1887 Elmira St, Sayre, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 1665 N Atherton St, State College, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 108 Washington Towne Blvd N, Edinboro, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 2501 W State St, New Castle, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 1566 W Main Street Ext, Grove City, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 9300 State Route 61, Coal Township, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 980 N Susquehanna Trail, Selinsgrove, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 120 AJK Blvd, Lewisburg, PAWalmart Supercenter parking lot, 1169 South Main St, Mansfield, PA“After testing, you are required to return home and self-isolate,” Dr. Levine said. “If symptoms develop or worsen while you are waiting for your test results, talk to your doctor. If you experience a medical emergency, please seek immediate care.”Registrants will be notified of a testing location within a 50-mile radius of them with available appointment times. Patients schedule an appointment time, print a voucher and bring the voucher to the location with them to their appointment. Patients will receive an email with their test results within 24-48 hours, and physicians will call any patient who has a positive test result.In addition to these testing sites, UPMC Northwest opened a COVID-19 testing site in Venango County, where there is currently only one other testing site. The new site is located at 1671 Allegheny Blvd, Reno, PA, and is open each week, Tuesday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by appointment only. To schedule an appointment at this location, call 1-833-559-7680.Through the work of a number of entities, testing is accessible for Pennsylvanians. As Rite Aid, CVS, Patient First, Walmart and others offer testing for symptomatic and asymptomatic individuals, it has further allowed for Pennsylvanians to get tested close to home. Adding these locations to those already offered by hospitals, health systems, FQHCs, health clinics and other locations significantly expands the testing network in the state.More information about these testing sites and others, including a map of the sites available in Pennsylvania, are listed on the department’s website.The department’s testing plan has remained adaptable. This includes the efforts to ensure everyone in a long-term care facility can be tested, work to ensure counties that currently do not have testing locations can receive them, and other efforts based on the latest data and science surrounding COVID-19.Symptoms of COVID-19 can include:FeverCoughShortness of breath or difficulty breathingDiarrheaChillsRepeating shaking with chillsMuscle painHeadacheSore throatNew loss of taste or smell.Symptoms may appear in as few as two days or as long as 14 days after exposure. Reported illnesses have ranged from people with little to no symptoms to people being severely ill and dying.As of 12:00 a.m., June 14, there were 78,798 positive cases of COVID-19 statewide in 67 counties and 6,215 confirmed deaths. Most of the patients hospitalized are 65 or older, and most of the deaths have occurred in patients 65 and older. More data is available here.For the latest information for individuals, families, businesses and schools, visit “Responding to COVID-19” on pa.gov.The Wolf Administration stresses the role Pennsylvanians play in helping to reduce the spread of COVID-19:Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.Cover any coughs or sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.Clean surfaces frequently.Stay home to avoid spreading COVID-19, especially if you are unwell.If you must go out for a life-sustaining reason, please wear a mask.Updated Coronavirus Links: Press Releases, State Lab Photos, GraphicsDaily COVID-19 ReportPress releases regarding coronavirusLatest information on the coronavirusPhotos of the state’s lab in Exton (for download and use)Coronavirus and preparedness graphics (located at the bottom of the page)Community preparedness and procedures materialsMap with the number of COVID-19 casesAll Pennsylvania residents are encouraged to sign up for AlertPA, a text notification system for health, weather, and other important alerts like COVID-19 updates from commonwealth agencies. Residents can sign up online at www.ready.pa.gov/BeInformed/Signup-For-Alerts.Ver esta página en español. June 15, 2020 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Gov. Wolf Announces 10 More Testing Sites in Areas with Limited Access
Press Association While Newport Gwent Dragons came from behind to score 17 unanswered points and secure a desperately-needed 23-14 victory over Italian outfit Benetton Treviso at Rodney Parade. Treviso looked to be in the driving seat after they led 14-6 at the break courtesy of tries from centre Doppies La Grange and replacement back row Filippo Giusti. But the Dragons, whose only points in the first period came from the boots of Steffan Jones and wing Tom Prydie, turned the match on its head as both men added tries and Prydie kicked seven extras. In a closely-contested game that was nip and tuck until the later stages, it took a breakaway try by Ospreys prop Ryan Bevington to seal the four points for the visitors who at that stage were reduced to 14 men after Morgan Allen had been sin-binned moments earlier. Matthew Morgan converted Bevington’s try and added three penalties for the away side. Ulster had to be content with the losing bonus point from their first home league defeat since succumbing to Leinster in April 2012 and they may also have to do without star player Ruan Pienaar, who kicked over three penalties before he was taken off in the second half with a shoulder injury. Stuart Olding added Ulster’s final penalty. Leaders Ulster fell to only their second RaboDirect PRO12 League defeat of the season when their weakened side was outplayed 16-12 by an Ospreys outfit that, despite missing even more squad members than their hosts, outplayed the Ravenhill squad.
Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi, and his employers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), may be heading for another show down again following the query issued the national team handler on Wednesday.Keshi was queried for failing to appear before the Technical Committee meeting of the football house on Tuesday.The Eagles gaffer who has been away on vacation in America shortly after returning from South Africa where his home-based team won the bronze of the 2014 African Nations Championships (CHAN), was at the TomTom Editors’ Roundtable event in Lagos to unfold his plans for the World Cup in Brazil.However, NFF felt slighted by Keshi’s behaviour, insisting that the coach did not formally inform the federation of the meeting in Lagos.Now, THISDAY sources have revealed, Keshi has been fired a query in which he was asked to explain within the next 48 hours why disciplinary measure should not be taken against him for failing to attend the technical committee meeting in Abuja.According to sources, what irked the NFF leadership was Keshi’s excuse on why he would not be available for the meeting.“The coach called the committee that he would not be available for the meeting because of changes in his flight schedule from America. For this reason, the committee cancelled the meeting but the football house was surprised the following day to read Keshi’s comments at the TomTom event in the media, meaning that he arrived the country in good time but decided to ignore the ‘official’ assignment for a ‘personal’ event in Lagos,” revealed the source last night.In the copy of the query issued by NFF’s Technical Director, Dr. Emmanuel Ikpeme, part of it read; “It has come to the attention of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) with total dismay that you attended a function of TomTom on Tuesday 25th of March without the express permission of your employers, NFF.“TomTom, one of our sponsors, did not also clear with NFF before they invited you as they have no direct dealings with you as a person or as an employee of the NFF. “Furthermore, this happened on the day you were expected to appear before the NFF Technical Committee to discuss your programme of the FIFA World Cup in Brazil. The reason you gave for not attending the said meeting and for which you were excused was that you will returning to Nigeria on 26th March because of your flight schedule to Nigeria.“Meanwhile, the Federation’s approval for your leave was to begin February 15th and end March 10th. By not heeding to the approved date, you have seriously violated the term of approved date.“It is equally important to draw attention to previous actions whereby, you will travel out of Nigeria without express permission of NFF. Specifically, you traveled out of the country before the date President Goodluck Jonathan received the home-based Super Eagles on February 13th, causing a very serious embarrassment to the federation by your absence at this national event.“For these reasons, therefore, the federation has no option as a responsible organisation than to issue you with this query to explain how these events unfolded the way they did,” the letter stated.Although the coach could not be reached as at the time of this report, however in the course of the programme on Tuesday in Lagos, Keshi told the gathering that it will not be possible for him to be in Abuja and at the same time honour the corporate event that had three former captains of the Eagles and other gladiators in the sports industry. This is not the first time that Keshi and NFF will be on war path. Shortly after Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations tournament in South Africa January last year against all expectations, Keshi resigned from the Eagles job but was persuaded to return through the intervention of former Sports Minister, Bolaji Abdullahi.
Marvin Bagley III, who sprained his left knee in the Kings’ game Wednesday night against the Bucks, was scheduled to undergo an MRI exam Thursday to determine the severity of the injury.A trainer immobilized the knee in the Kings locker room after the game. Bagley didn’t speak to the media before hobbling out of the locker room under his own power, but he did talk to teammates, according to the Sacramento Bee. “He said he was good when he was walking back (to the locker room), so that takes a little edge off to know that he’s not in too much pain,” Kings center Willie Cauley-Stein said.Bagley being helped to locker room by two teammates. https://t.co/YKyqw6iWg5— Marc J. Spears (@MarcJSpearsESPN) February 28, 2019Bagley, the No. 2 pick in the 2018 draft, is averaging 14 points and 7.2 rebounds for the Kings this season.”You just tell him to keep your head up,” Kosta Koufos said. “He’s definitely an integral part of what we’re doing this year. He’s just a phenomenal player and a phenomenal person off the court, so you just want to be there as a teammate and try to help him. You have love for all of your teammates. We’re a brotherhood and we look out for one another, and you just want everybody to be healthy.” WATCH: Dwyane Wade hits impossible circus shot to beat Warriors The rookie forward was holding his left knee after getting tangled up with Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon.Marvin Bagley down, holding his left knee pic.twitter.com/4v5TklZeIz— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) February 28, 2019Bagley had to be helped off the court by his teammates. Marvin Bagley getting the knee immobilized in the locker room, fwiw. Pretty sure that’s wise to do regardless the level of sprain. pic.twitter.com/Nccye8jAwR— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) February 28, 2019The Kings lost at home in overtime, 141-140, and in his postgame news conference coach Dave Joerger expressed concern for Bagley.”We are certainly thinking of Marvin as we go forward,” Joerger said. “That is definitely a cloud over our locker room.” Related News